After being bombarded with this and the commercials that he has watched at Kristina's house (my ex's mother), he is not getting anything that he has asked for this year. Everything I bought him is biodegradable. everything he wants is not. He is able to get that "plastic hurts the earth, mama", but doesn't seem to understand exactly how his want accounts for that. If he gives me shit about his presents, I am going to show him this...
http://planetgreen.discovery.com/slideshows/travel-outdoors/chris-jordan-midway-birds.html
I don't care if the photos are posed, they are the truth in a way that makes one understand.
On a brighter note, though, we went and picked out material for an apron for him a few months ago. In the meantime, I went to real estate school, started a new job, have been doing tons of training and thrown him an awesome birthday party...Here's a pic of the party...
It's totally out of focus, but it's a bounce house. I found the people that rented it out on the community wall of an authentic Mexican restaurant/bodega. $90!!! I'm sure they weren't licensed or insured, but that's how it should be and those other folks charge $200-$300!! It was awesome because the kids were amused and I got to do everything in my own house and not have to transport shit. I skipped the goody bags.
Here's a couple of pics of the apron that I finally made him:
![]() |
| He loves to go to the "crab park". |
Like I said, this is the only thing that he is getting from me that he actually asked for, albeit months ago. Pray that I don't have to show him the pictures of the dead birds with plastic in their tummies....



No comments:
Post a Comment